What Is An Ambassador?
Ambassadors are a voluntary position at the Chamber of Commerce and play an essential role in member communication and retention. Ambassador is most often defined as the President’s highest-ranking representative to a specific nation or international organization abroad. In that role, a diplomat serves as an official representative or emissary for the United States. But for our purposes, ambassador is defined as a person who acts as a representative or promoter of the Mt. Sterling- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, its mission, goals, and activities.
To welcome new businesses to the Mt.Sterling – Montgomery County area and to promote and represent the Chamber in a positive manner, as a result creating a more vibrant community and positive quality of life.
- Promoting Membership retention.
- Visiting members in their businesses, and subsequently providing feedback to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Greeting members at Chamber functions and performing other good will projects such as ribbon cuttings, etc.
Responsibilities of Ambassadors
- Ambassadors will be expected to attend as many Chamber events as possible, but at a minimum 2 per quarter. These events include networking events, golf outings, and community events.
- Ambassadors will be assigned new members and will be responsible for connecting with the members when they join and at 6 months in some capacity to assist members in getting engaged.
- Ambassadors will promote, in their calls and contacts, the Chamber and its programs. Invitations to attend functions and activities shall be a part of each call.
- Ambassadors shall wear, on all calls as well as at every Chamber function, Chamber polos.
- Ambassadors shall keep the Chamber informed of new business, changes of ownership, and other opportunities for new chamber memberships or special calls by the Ambassadors and/or staff.
As an Ambassador, you are required to:
- Be a current member of the Mt.Sterling-Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.
- Have your employer’s approval to participate in the program.
- Participate in Ambassador Orientation before actively serving.
- Serve for a period of at least 12 months.
- Members shall be required to participate in a minimum of 50% of the designated Ambassadors events/activities each year.
HOW TO BECOME AN AMBASSADOR
Fill out an Ambassador Application and return it via e-mail to email@example.com, or via fax at 859-498-3947. Questions? Contact Jason Rainey (Executive Director) at 859-498-5343.